Sunday 1 July 2012

Today I receive an e-mail from pay pal it said.

“We're writing to let you know about a change to your PayPal account.


Starting 01/07/2012, money from payments you receive will be placed in a pending balance for up to 21days. By doing this, we're making sure that there's enough money in your account to cover potential refunds or claims.”

I have used paypal for years and where the occasion I need to pay back a client the payment was taken from my account with no problem. This year I have had no pay backs so this e-mail came as a great surprise.

As far as I can see this is another FAT CAT COMPANY ripping of  little people and small business. Imagine how much paypal hold of other people’s money on a daily basis, now multiply that by 21 days interest and you come to a very tidy sum.

As far as I am concerned I am now looking at a more professional shopping cart system and will be leaving paypal ASAP.

After speaking to paypal this seems to be a rolling progress and the only logic is making money not customer care.  The young lady from paypal customer support said this had also happened on her account as well.

Do you use paypal. This might happen to you soon, has this already happened to you. Please tell us your experiences with paypal and if you use another companies shopping cart let us know what you think.

http://www.tell-me-first.com/

No comments: